Current research projects
- Canada Research Chair in Implementation of Shared Decision Making in Primary Care. Funding: Canada Research Chairs Secretariat - Operations. From 06-01-2011 to 05-31-2016.
Researcher: France Légaré
- Continuing professional development and KT: Partnerships in continuing professional development for knowledge transfer. Canada Institutes of Health Research, Partnership for Health Care System Improvement Grant, from 2010-04-01 to 2013-03-31
Researchers: France Légaré, Francine Borduas, Gaston Godin, Jeremy Grimshaw, Michel Labrecque, Michel Rousseau, Joan Sargeant.
- Interprofessional SDM: Interprofessional shared decision making in home care: Feasibility of implementation based on a conceptual framework. Canada Institutes of Health Research, Innovations in Health, Research grant from 2010-04-01 to 2012-03-31
Researchers: France Légaré, Sophie Desroches, Serge Dumont, Kimberly Fraser, Mary Ann Murray, Ann Sales, Dawn Stacey
- Décision +, a training program in shared decision making for family physicians pertaining to decisions about antibiotics for acute respiratory infections. FRSQ-conseil du médicament, 2009-2012.
Researchers: France Légaré, Michel Labrecque, Gaston Godin, Jeremy Grimshaw, Claudine Laurier.
Graduate students: Anne-Sophie Allaire, Catherine Nadeau
Researchers: Sophie Desroches, France Légaré, Anne Sales, Marie-Pierre Gagnon.
- Genetics: A Research and Knowledge Network on Genetic Health Services and Policy: Building on the APOGEE-Net and CanGene Test experiences. Funding: Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Emerging Team grant. From 2008-12-01 to 2013-11-30
Researchers: François Rousseau, Ingeborg Rose Blancquaert, Réjean Drouin, Jan M. Friedman, Béatrice Godard, Claude Laberge, Lise Lamothe, France Légaré, Grant A. Mitchell, Nabil Amara, Jean-Jacques Cassiman, Jean-Claude Forest, Daniel Gaudet, Bartha Maria Knoppers, Michel Labrecque, Réjean Landry, Carlo A. Marra, Daniel Reinharz, Renaldo N. Battista, David E.C. Cole, William David Foulkes, Yves Giguère, Anne-Marie Laberge, Nathalie Laflamme, Nicole Leduc, Gert, Matthijs, Jacques R. Simard.
Researchers: Jeremy Grimshaw, Sharon Straus, Robert Brian Haynes, France Légaré, Annette O'Connor, Anne Sales, Andreas Laupacis, John Lavis, Gaston Godin, Sumit Majumdar.
- Shared decision making: Interventions for improving the adoption of shared decision making by healthcare professionals. Cochrane Systematic Review
Researchers: France Légaré, Stéphane Ratté, Dawn Stacey, Jennifer Kryworuchko, Karine Gravel, Stéphane Turcotte, Ian D Graham
Previous research projects
- HTA Collaboration: Introducing the patient perspective in a health technology assessment unit. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research operating grant. From 2008-11-01 to 2010-10-31
- Exackte2: Exploiting the clinical consultation as a knowledge transfer and exchange environment. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research operating grant. From 2008-10-01 to 2011-03-31
- Effective continuing professional development for translating shared decision making in primary care. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research, Catalyst grant. From 2010-03-01 to 2011-02-28
- Electronic Health Records (EHR): Barriers and facilitators to implementing EHR in Canada: A synthesis of users' perspectives. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health, Research Synthesis grant in knowledge translation. From 2008-11-01 to 2009-10-31
- Clinical practice guidelines: Patient and public involvement in clinical practice guidelines: Laying the foundation for an international consensus. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research, Synthesis grant in knowledge translation. From 2008-11-01 to 2009-10-31
- Interprofessionalism: Interprofessional approaches to shared decision making in primary care: Advancing theories, frameworks, methods and measurement. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research operating grant. From 2007-01-01 to 2009-03-31
- International program: Translating shared decision making into clinical practice: Convening a community of practice. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research, Meetings, Planning and Dissemination grant. From 2008-09-01 to 2009-03-31
- Continuing Professional Development: Improving the knowledge base of continuing professional development: update, challenges, and where next. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research operating grant. From 2008-01-01 to 2008-12-31
- Laboratory in a clinical setting: Implementation of shared decision making in primary care partnership. Canada Research Chairs Secretariat, Leaders Opportunity Fund - Phase 2 (previously: Canada Research Chairs - Infrastructure). From 2007-03-01 to 2008-12-31
- Canada Prime: Process modelling in implementation research: Exploring the theoretical basis of organizational and healthcare professional behaviour and behaviour change. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research operating grant. From 2004-04-01 to 2007-03-31
- DECISION +: A program of continuing professional development to improve optimal prescription of medication: Feasibility study. Funding: Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec. From 2005-05-01 to 2008-09-30
- SDM & KT: Translating shared decision making into clinical practices: proof of concept. Canada Institutes of Health Research operating grant. From 2007-03-01 to 2008-03-31
- SDM & prenatal screening: Introduction of a shared decision making approach in prenatal screening for Down's syndrome in primary care professional practice: An exploratory study in a dyadic context.
- Building capacity: Development of a transdisciplinary team for improving the quality of health care. Funding: Canada Institutes of Health Research Interdisciplinary Capacity Enhancement (ICE) Teams grant. From 2003-04-01 to 2008-03-31